To validate your phone number (mobiles only) on Roomlala:
- Go to your Profile Page
- Below your email address and password, enter a phone number or mobile phone number by clicking on button ''Modify'' (only mobiles can be verified)
- In the drop-down list, select your country – the country code will be filled in automatically
- Enter your mobile phone number and press "Validate" to save it
- Press the button “Validate” underneath the phone number to send the confirmation code
- You will receive a 4 digit code via SMS to your phone (this may take a few minutes)
- Enter the code on the Roomlala site and click “Enter”
If the word ‘verified’ does not appear under your mobile number in blue, click on ‘resend’.
By verifying your mobile phone number you can more easily communicate with landlords and tenants after a reservation is confirmed in order to organise the details of your arrival.
A landlord or tenant’s profile with a verified telephone number will also have a higher trust level and will therefore see an increase in rental requests and accepted requests respectively.
Verifying your mobile phone number helps to increase your trust level but there are a few conditions to respect. If you don't know how to validate your phone number, follow the steps below.
You haven't been able to verify your phone number?
If you have a problem with verifying your phone number, ensure the following things are correct:
- Ensure that the area code for your chosen country is correct, for example the area code for the UK is +44. Contact us if the area code for your country is incorrect.
- Enter the right amount of digits in the box for your phone number. For example, +44 for the UK, followed by the remaining 10 digits: 7888999000
- Contact your phone provider to see if they automatically block messages from foreign numbers. Phone providers try to protect you from unexpected fees - however, our automatic texts are free. You can contact your phone provider to unblock this function to receive our message and the code.
If, after following these steps, you are still having problems, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service.
Didn't find an answer to your question? Contact us.