To find out if a you are eligible for a refund, you must first verify if your reservation has been prepaid or paid.
Regarding prepaid reservations
You have prepaid a reservation if:
- You've clicked on the 'Reserve' button and completed the payment form when the landlord had not yet accepted your rental request
- The landlord has refused your reservation request OR hasn't responded in the 48 hours that followed
- You haven't received an email from Roomlala informing you that the reservation has been confirmed
By completing the payment form, you simply authorised Roomlala to debit you if, and only if, the landlord confirmed your reservation. This is called a 'debit authorisation'. Given that the reservation hasn't been confirmed, Roomlala never charged your payment card, and the debit authorisation was automatically lifted. To find out more, click here
⇒ There is therefore no refund to be made by Roomlala, because Roomlala never debited your bank card and therefore we don't have your money in our possession.
The amount you would have paid for the reservation is still in your account, but it has been made temporarily unavailable. The delay period for banks is normally 7 working days, but it can sometimes take up to 30 days.
Roomlala has no control on this delay period as this depends entirely on your bank..
When the sum is unblocked, the debit authorisation will disappear from your account or appear as a refund.
Unfortunately Roomlala has no control over how banks work. For more information about the subject, we advise you discuss it directly with your bank.
Regarding reservations that have been paid for
Your reservation has been paid for if:
- You've clicked on the 'Reserve' button and completed the payment form when the landlord had not yet accepted your rental request. Following this, the landlord accepted your reservation and you received an email confirming the reservation
- Or you've clicked on the 'Reserve' button after the landlord had pre-accepted your rental request. You then completed the payment for and received an email confirming the reservation
- And either the landlord or yourself have cancelled the reservation and you received an email confirming that the reservation has been cancelled
⇒ In this situation, Roomlala has indeed debited your account and you may be entitled to a refund. Refunds are processed automatically as soon as the cancellation is done online by clicking the 'Cancel' button.
Please note that the refund conditions differ depending on if it is the landlord or the tenant who has cancelled the reservation.
The delay period for refunds varies from 3 to 7 working days. You can monitor the refund's progress by going to the 'Reservations' section of your account and then to 'Transactions'.
Didn't find an answer to your question? Contact us.