This page provides general information on how to contact Roomlala to exercise your rights under the GDPR. For more information on this topic, you can:
- See our Cookies Policy: click here
- See our Terms & Conditions: click here
If you require additional information or wish to exercise any of your rights under applicable data protection laws, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Contact point for data management.) For other questions related to the operation or use of Roomlala, please visit our Help Center or contact our Customer Service.)
Deletion, modification, access and portability of data
Account deletion: how to delete my account?
To delete your account from your Roomlala profile, please follow the steps in this article.
You can exercise your right to the deletion of your personal data by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Modification of personal information: how to modify some of my personal information held by Roomlala?
To learn how to edit information from your Roomlala profile, please visit the following Help Center articles:
- The "Profile" section
- The "Password and security" section
- The "Verifications" section
- The "Premium Membership" section
- The "My Ads" section
- The "How payments work" section
You can exercise your right to modify your personal data by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Access to data: how can I get a copy of all or part of the personal data that Roomlala holds about me?
To obtain a copy of all or part of the personal data that Roomlala holds about you, you can send us an email at email@example.com. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Data Portability: What gives me access to my right to portability?
If you exercise this right, you may receive certain personal data that you have provided to Roomlala in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format.
You can exercise your right to portability by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Unsubscribe to marketing communications
How to exercise my right to unsubscribe to marketing emails, notifications and messages?
You can change your marketing preferences at any time, either by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of marketing emails or by logging into your account and following these steps:
- On Roomlala.com, click on "Log in" at the top of the page
- Log in to your Roomlala account by entering your email and password, or logging in via Facebook or Google
- Go to the "Profile" section of your Roomlala account
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to access the "Settings" section and manage your email alerts
- If the box next to "Receive newsletters from Roomlala" is checked, you will thus receive Roomlala's newsletter emails. Uncheck the box to stop receiving them.
- If the box next to "Receive special offers from Roomlala" is checked, you will thus receive Roomlala's partner's promotional emails. Uncheck the box to stop receiving them.
- If the box "Receive message notifications" is checked, you will thus receive all your Roomlala notifications (new message, rental request, reservation request, reservation confirmation, cancellation, renewal of Premium Membership...).
In order to fully benefit from Roomlala's services and features, we do not recommend unchecking this box. However, if you no longer want to receive email notifications from Roomlala, you may uncheck the box.
How can I refuse Roomlala's use of my personal data for direct marketing purposes, including sharing my data with third parties for marketing purposes?
Objection to data processing
How do I object to Roomlala processing some of my personal data for specific purposes?
If the law of your country of residence permits, you may ask Roomlala not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (such as profiling) where such processing is based on a legitimate interest. If you object to such treatment, Roomlala will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate that such processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights.
You may object to the processing of your data by sending us an email to email@example.com. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to your request.